Highfields Amateur Radio Club
| PREP TIME ||5 Min
| COOK TIME ||5 - 10 Min
| READY IN ||10 - 15 Min
| SERVES || 4
- 340g can of SPAM®
- 60ml/4 tbsp Cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Medium egg whites
- oil for deep frying
- Chilli dipping sauce to serve
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 180 C / 350 F.
- Slice the SPAM® into about 18 thin strips.
- Place half the cornflour on a plate. Place the remaining cornflour in a small bowl with the egg whites and 60ml/4 tbsp cold water. Lightly whisk until just frothy.
- When the oil is hot, dip the strips of SPAM®, a few at a time, first into the cornflour, then in the frothy egg mix.
- Gently drop into the hot oil and fry for 2 mins or until pale golden. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining SPAM® and batter.
Serve immediately with chilli dipping sauce.